This 6-session DVD is for small groups that wish to know more about the differences between various religions and cult groups, from a Christian perspective. It can be used by itself, but is most effective when used with the leader guide, participant guide, fold-out comparison chart Christianity, Cults & Religions pamphlet, and Rose Bible Basics: Christianity, Cults & Religions handbook shown below.
This leader pack includes the six 30-40 minute video sessions, a PDF of the Leader Guide which may be printed out, and the PDF files for posters, fliers, handouts, bulletin inserts, and banners. Participant guides are purchased separately.
The six 30-to-40 minute sessions:
1. Definitions, Discernment, and Defending the Faith - Covers the six key elements that highlight the differences between Christianity and other religions and cults - Revelation, God, Jesus Christ, Salvation, the Church, and the Future (false predictions). Gives an overview of what other groups believe.
2. Essential Christian Doctrine - Covers the key beliefs of Christianity and where the cults differ.
3. Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Society) - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
4. Mormonism (Latter-day Saints) - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
5. Eastern Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age. - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
6. Islam - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts