Christians need to know what they believe. This 6-session DVD-based curriculum is for small groups that wish to study the differences between Christianity and various religious groups. This excellent six-session DVD-based small group study teaches what the Bible says about God, Jesus, salvation, life after death, and more. Covers Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam in depth. The series helps participants understand basic Christian beliefs, know why cultic groups are attractive, learn what motivates each group,and why it is important biblically to have an answer for what we believe about Jesus Christ. It also covers the do's and don't of talking with people of other religions in a loving way.
Complete Kit comes with DVD (six 30-minute sessions), leader guide, participant guide, Christianity, Cults & Religions pamphlet, PDF files for posters, fliers, handouts, bulletin inserts, and banners, a 250-slide PowerPoint® presentation to expand the teaching, and Christianity, Cults & Religions 112-page handbook. (If bought separately, these items would total $112.94. Save $12 when you buy the kit.)
The six sessions:
1. Definitions, Discernment, and Defending the Faith - Covers the six key elements that highlight the differences between Christianity and other religions and cults - Revelation, God, Jesus Christ, Salvation, the Church, and the Future (false predictions). Gives an overview of what other groups believe.
2. Essential Christian Doctrine - Covers the key beliefs of Christianity and where the cults differ.
3. Jehovah’s Witnesses (Watchtower Society) - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
4. Mormonism (Latter-day Saints) - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
5. Eastern Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age. - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts
6. Islam - History, founder, practices, beliefs, and do's and don'ts